From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 08:51:49 -0700
>if a vet says (and I agree) that my ferret has adrenal disease, it is
>still necessary to do the Tennessee Panel?

No. If you have an experienced ferret vet, it's not necessary to invest
a couple of hundred $$ in the TP when that money could be used for
treating the ferret.

There are studies exploring the use of the Deslorelin implant as a
preventative in young healthy ferrets, and I don't know of any ill
effects, so even if you're wrong it wouldn't hurt anything but your
pocketbook.

>How long does the implant last, and how much does it generally cost?

I've heard estimates from 12 - 18 - 24 months for the implant, all
from reliable sources. Not sure about cost, as that seems to fluctuate
with the import restrictions, but somewhere in the $100 - $200 range.

Kevin Farlee