From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:45:32 -0400
BIG processor wrote:
>Wow, lots of posts came in today about the "flame" post from Alexandra --
>the one where she commented about Kim and animal communication.  A few
>were private to me, but two meant for the FML have since been withdrawn.

Hmmmm.

When I read Alexandra's post, I laughed and laughed.  My first thought
was that it was a good hearted joke, and she had probably also sent it
to Kim.

But then, I thought what if she hadn't.  What if she and Kim aren't
friendly, and even if it was meant in fun, Kim was hurt by it.  That
painted a whole different picture.

Personally, I am skeptical about things like psychics and mind readers
and such.  I don't say they are all frauds - although certainly some of
them are.  Maybe some genuine ones do exist.  I can't prove that they
don't - I just have never received compelling evidence that they do.
However, I do recognize that there are many unexplained forces in this
world, and so I acknowledge that just because something can't be proved
doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Anyway, maybe my own feelings colored my
response to Alexandra's post.

Certainly if the post had come from a different source I might have
immediately thought it was a put down - say someone that generally writes
more serious and factual posts.  But almost everything Alexandra posts is
tongue in cheek - she is known for her sense humor and wit.  Would people
actually see this post as a put down of Kim?

Obviously, some did.  As BIG said, in the future, maybe a disclaimer
needs to be added so readers don't misinterpret the meaning of tongue in
cheek posts.  But, are we all really that sensitive?  Has it gotten to
the point that humor has to be explained before we can appreciate it.
All in all, I think it is rather sad commentary about our world today.

--
Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!