From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:13:00 PST
Sandee has been very busy lately, and that breaks my heart.  It was
difficult to get through the last digest without tears.  Hugs to all who
have experienced recent losses.  November 4th is the anniversary of Rasta's
death and I am still unable to bury his ashes.  I just cannot seem to let
go.

To Bob C., I can only guess who the person(s) are that are repeatedly
harassing you.  One suggestion is that you keep all headers from the
messages and contact the FBI (see my post from a few digests ago).  The
other suggestion is that you simply take a break from the FML and come back
later.  Most likely, this person who is harassing you will get bored and
finally leave you alone.  We need you on the FML.  I sometimes disagree
when reading your posts, but you are a good writer and have plenty of good
information to share.  I certainly understand the reason you are leaving.
Isn't it unfortunate that a few individuals can scare someone away from
something they enjoy?  They win in the end.  I often wonder how anyone
with ferrets has time to sit in front of their computer and harass people
constantly - especially those who repeatedly do this on the alt.pets forum.
Really amazing.

Randy, I am sorry that someone is posting nasty information about your
shelter.  I have not personally visited so I don't listen to any of it.
In order to form opinions, I would have to see your place first hand.
It sounds wonderful!  You are right, this person is a whimp for posting
anonymously and loses credibility because of it.  Most likely, they are
scared of being sued for slander.  I don't know what has gone on, but I
visited your site and could not find anything that states you have 150
ferrets.  I only saw about twelve(?) on the available list.

Ferret math....yes, actual ferret math!  I caught Marley dragging a
calculator to his hidey hole this morning.  He stole it from my husband's
briefcase (it has rubber sides, if your wondering how).  Apparently, Marley
wanted the calculator to count how many poops he has managed to leave for
me to clean up!  I don't know if a calculator can add that high.  Guess the
socks were getting a bit boring.

Here is the dilemma I am faced with.  I have two ferrets who are not
descented and they are driving my hubby crazy.  Cleo actually climbed into
his briefcase and sprayed in it.  She frequently chews his shoes.  I think
she gets mad at him for yelling, so she rebels.  She has never done this to
my stuff.  Anyway, I had to have one of my ferrets descented at six months
due to impacted glands and the surgery was very successful.  My hubby wants
me to descent the other two, but after reading Dr. William's comments, I
am very hesistant.  Is it ok to descent at one year?  When you say "older"
ferrets, how old?  My hubby told me that if they are not descented, I will
have to give them up because he cannot tolerate it for the next however
many years.

Well, gotta go.