From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 23:35:39 EST
Thanks to everyone who sent their comments about the FML tenth anniversary
union/reunion/party.  I've received many positive comments, lots of "count
me in's", and lots of "sorry, I can't make it's".

I fully realize most of you can't attend, but I hope some who can't make
it can be there in other ways.  Suggestions have been made about videos,
for example - great idea!

Anyhow, we're looking at December 1997 or maybe even early 1998.  The actual
anniversary date is late December (21st), which is a bad time for almost
everyone.  Early December or Jan/Feb 1998 seems to be better.  In any event,
we have lots of time to plan the place, time and events.  I'm now convinced
there's enough interest and I'm going to try to pull it off.  I'm sure I'll
have lots of help.

I've set up a new mailing list where anyone interested can comment and help
to plan the event.  The list is FML-10TH (thanks for the name suggestion,
Ronnie) and all are welcome to join.  It's not quite like the FML - I won't
be editing it and you're free to get individual messages as they are posted
if you prefer (though the default mode is a once-daily digest).

If you'd like to be part of this planning list, either send me a note or
subscribe by sending mail to [log in to unmask] with the body of the
mail reading SUBSCRIBE FML-10TH

(Obviously, that's a zero before the T, not the letter Oh :-))

The FML is quite large today and there are still posts waiting that will
have to wait for tomorrow's issue.  The large size is due partly to the
anniversary party discussion - the new list should help take care of that.
But it seems that a lot of posters had some political statements to make
today as well.  I'll try to catch non-related debates before they mushroom
into flame-fests, but please remember to try to keep things more or less
on topic.  It would be a duller list indeed without occasional diversions,
but heated debates about things like political parties are out - there are
other lists for that.

Thanks!

Bill