From:
Tysa Jayne Kihn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:44:04 -0800
We had several problems with our cat and the ferret litterboxes.  The
first cat we had insisted on using the ferret litter, and then the ferrets
wouldn't use it.  Part of the problem I discovered was using the same
litter.  He went to a good home (we found him half starving and really
couldn't keep him) So when we got our new cat I bought cat litter and my
husband bought him his own big box.  Well he still tried using the ferret
boxes and used our bathroom rugs!  So I changed to natural Harmony
pelleted cat litter.  Pretty soon he was peeing on some of the ferrets
belongings and still using the box and rugs.  I was nearly ready to throw
him out!  Well I changed his litter to clay litter, got a new rug in the
bathroom and we've had no problems since.  He stays out of their boxes and
stuff, but still goes into play with/get beat up by the ferrets.  I highly
recommend them having separate boxes with a different kind of litter.  OUr
only problem... Keeping him out of the rice bin.  He thinks its a litter
box.  Of co urse the ferrets do sometimes too!

Tysa Dana and the zoo: 9 Havoc Wreaking Weasies, Hemi the cat, 5 spiny
mice, and Thorny the hedgehog