From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:15:27 -0400
Yeah, I just saw it today as well.  For what it's worth, the feeding of
dead ferrets to the hippogryph is straight from the book.  So if you
want to blame anyone, blame the author.  While, I don't like the idea
of ferrets used to feed anything, I'm sure no real ferrets were harmed
in the making of the movie.  I encourage everyone to keep it all in
perspective.  It is just a movie/book.  I don't want the ferret community
seen as a bunch of alarmists who overreact to every little thing.  My
vote would be to just let this one go.  I worry more when REAL ferrets
are being neglected/harmed in any way.  There seems to be enough of that
sort of thing for us to focus upon.  Just ask the people who run the
ferret shelters.  Still have to wonder what JK Rowling was thinking.
She must not care for ferrets.  Not everyone does.

Holly,
Tigger & Pooh