From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 20:06:51 -0700
Do the vets here have any suggestions -- my vet can't seem to get blood
from Frankie?  He tried a week ago and tonight he tried again with
anesthesia.  It was scary because it was taking a long time and she got
cold and they brought her back to me half an hour later on a little heating
pad wrapped in a pillowcase.  The vet was pretty strained, too, because
they've always managed to get blood before, especially once they resort to
anesthesia (which they've done before with a couple of my ferrets); both
this time and last week, he finally quit because it was just too hard on
her and him.  They tried several different places.  He finally got enough
for a blood chemistry (BUN, creatinine, etc.) but not enough for a CBC.  He
didn't charge me for anesthesia.  He recommends waiting a couple of months
before trying again to give her a chance to heal in case any of her veins
collapsed.

Gee whiz, what do I do? Frankie is the littlest one of my ferrets. She's
very sweet. What could be the problem here? Dr. Williams? Dr. Weiss?
Anyone else?

Thank you.

                Linda and Frankie Doodle