From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:55:26 -0400
Well I had something pretty funny happen recently involving my three
month old ferret, Monsoon.  I am a massage therapist here in Phoenix and
the other day when I was working on a client I noticed that when I got
down to my client's feet and shins that they smelled like ferret.  I
was thinking that either they owned ferrets, too, or it was just a
coincidence that I was smelling something that smelled like ferret.
Later on in the day the same thing happened with another client.  When I
got to their lower legs and feet I could still smell ferret.  After that
client was out the door I held my t-shirt up to my face to see if maybe
the smell was coming from me because I had held the kids before leaving
for work that morning.  I couldn't smell it.  So this was a mystery to
where the ferret scent was coming from.  Had they snuck into the car
with me and hid under the massage table?  Where was this coming from?

Yesterday morning I got my answer.

I was getting ready to get in the shower and placed a pile of clothing
on top of the bed as I usually do.  Now Monsoon has taken a real liking
to getting up on the bed, exploring through the pile of pillows, and
wrestling with the stuffed animals.  This is also a safe haven for her
from sneak attacks from the older two.  I looked over and she was rolling
on my bra.  She had it in her mouth and was rolling away across the bed
in mock combat with the bra.  I took it away from her and smelled it.
Sure enough her ferrety scent was all over it.  What happened was
everytime I leaned over a client, which is usually when I get to the
lower legs, my shirt collar would open a tiny bit and I was getting a
whiff of my own bra!  And to think I was blaming my clients.  My only
hope is that my clients didn't notice it.

Never a dull moment with fuzzies around.

Jennifer in AZ with Cindy, Pete, and Monsoon
-forever missing CJ