From:
Karen Daigneault <"[log in to unmask]"@BEALENET.COM>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:47:37 -0600
Bill and Diane, thank you for responding to this...
>They are not identical.  The virus for FROMM D was grown on a chick embryo
>base while Galaxy-D is grown on a simian base as we remember it.  The Fox
>book specifically stated that monovalent chick embryo derivatives should be
>used.  FROMM-D and Fervac-D qualify.  Galaxy-D didn't exist at that point.

I guess the major question I was asking here was is Galaxy-D acceptable in
the respect that less reactions, etc.?  At the time I posted Sammie went in
for his distemper shot.  Beforehand I had called the vet to see if they
still used FROMM.  This is when I was informed about "the Galaxy buy out".

and to Kim,
>I'm writing to say that I've switched to thinking there are some ferrets who
>deserve their own space, like McKenzie and Poncho, and we should honor that.

And I would have to agree with this.  Where my other 5 get along great, all
have their runtime together, my Sammie does not and *will not* tolerate
other ferrets.  With all the fuzzies coming from different places, I have
never had any problem with them interacting with each other.....except
Sammie.  I have tried anything anyone can think of and have decided that it
is more stressful on Sammie and the other five to constantly be putting them
together when they don't want to be...:)

>>I don't see them as MF I look at them for what they are ... a ferret.
>I sympathize with the dilemma you present.  I too have been caught up in the
>lovability of these fuzzbutts, regardless of their origin.  However, if one
>does not act on the immediate and very natural impulse perhaps a solution
>will be achieved if we act more "responsibly".

Alphachi, is it not a bit presumputious to assume that everyone that buys
Marshall Farms is acting on an "immediate and very natural impulse"?

Hugs to all the fuzzies!
Karen&Manna'hoomans
Sammie, Robbie, Bubba, Hopps, Daisy & Samantha

>Still, it seems like a lonely existence, doesn't it?

It depends on the situation.  Sammie plays with the puppies.....And because
the pups have been around ferts since they were 6 weeks old, they play "like
ferrets".  Sammie has free run of the house always, minus the time he is in
my bedroom while the others are out.  His favorite place to sleep is under
the couch by the front door.  He certainly doesn't seem lonely in the
least...