From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:24:46 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was sleeping in dis
morning but it was not to be as she heard a knocking at de door, a
very insistent knocking. She knew dat knock could mean only one thing.
She got out of her hammie, and went to de door and opened it and stood
back, For dere stood Dexter, de little boy courier, with a note in his
paw. (SaraFerret has been swatted a number of times, of course
accidentally, by him, so SHE HAS LEARNED).

"SawaFewwet" he said. "Here is a note from de Boss. A fewwet is getting
weady to cwoss de bwidge. Why is you standing dere just looking at me
like dat? You best huwwy up and gets over dere an checks in; you knows
de Boss will be upset with you if you is late."

She just took de note from Dexter, quickly read it, and sent him on his
way, hoping he would get de correct fuzzies. She knew dat dere was no
changing Dexter, just accept him de way he was.

Den I headed for de entrance. I was just in time to see a cinnamon
fuzzy with a heavy backpack at de entrance. (Whew I almost didn't get
here in time). I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will have
lotsa friends and run on green grass forever. Did I mention all de
fun and games?'

De cinnamon fuzzy looked at me with sorrowful eyes and said, "I am
Socrates, but my Mommy always called me Socks. I just kept getting
sicker and sicker and no matter what Mommy did, nothing helped. Finally
I just started pooping all over myself and that is not fun; no fuzzy
likes to do that. We are really clean. I used to be bouncey and then
all I wanted to do was sleep in her arms and finally we made a visit
to a place where I got a shot and then I woke up here on this swingy
thing. Mommy did say that I wouldn't be coming back to her afterwards.
But that I would be feeling lots better soon. Ok, why am I not feeling
better and where are all these friends you tell me about?"

All of a sudden POOF! Socks started to feel much better. He felt his
legs begin to limber up. Then he looked at his fur; it had returned
again. He began to walk around and den he started to dance at first a
small dance and den he broke into a wild abandoned dance of joy. Well,
he finally settled down.

Den I said to him, "Socks, your Mommy was right. You do feel much
better. As to your friends, just be patient for a while. By the way,
what are you carrying in your backpack dere?" (You see, unlike humans,
fuzzies can take anything dey can stuff into dere backpacks-- aren't
we de fortunate ones).

De little fuzzy just looked at me suspicious-like and questioned me as
to why I wanted to know, but I reassured him I was just being nosey and
wasn't going to take it away. So he carefully unzipped it and took out
his favorite blanket and rubbed it cheek against it. Of course wouldn't
you know it, once taken out, we couln't get it back in. So he tossed it
over his shoulders.

Den I asked him if he had noticed my wings on my shoulders. Socks
replied, "Yes I did, but I didn't want to be rude. I just thought they
were just some sorta strange growth that fuzzies get." I laughed, and
said, "No Socks, dey are not a growth, dese are wings for flying about
de heavens. Dey sure beat hopping from cloud to cloud. And you are
gonna get your very own pair."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
He opened de box and took out de wings--Bright blue with racing cars
on dem. I helped him on with his wings and adjusted his halo. Den he
ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. He turned to
me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea."

As we went out de door, Socks questioned me, "SaraFerret, are you sure
we aren't the only two ferrets here?" I replied, "Be patient for a
while, Socks." (Thinking to myself, where is Dexter with his friends--
surely he should have found dem by now). So off we went down de path to
de Misting Pond. We sat down beside de cool clear water and with one
swish he saw a vision of Mommy appear. He got so excited dat he started
waving and dooking with all of his might.

"Mommy, this is your Socky Bears. I love you so much. Thank you for
loving me. I am much better now. I have wings now and soon I can fly.
My fur is fluffy once again. I promise to visit you one day in your
dreams."

Den he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we went down de road and den he saw his friends, Max, Rocky, Sammy,
and Lady carrying a big banner which read, "Welcome to the Bridge,
Socks".

He whispered to me, "How did dey know I was coming?'

"Oh we has our ways." I replied.

They leaned de banner against de trees and showed him something new
they had just built. A super-duper bumper car track. Well if you can
imagine, all dese fuzzies hopping into dese cars, careening around,
bumping into each other. I waved goodbye and headed for my cottage. I
could see dat Socks had found his friends and his new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter