Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:25:59 -0500
What I originally posted was if you were unhappy with the way MF treats
their breeder ferrets, both during and after their breeding time with
MF ..... and/or if you felt that MF should not be selling ferrets to labs
for medical or any other research than one small means of showing MF that
you are a consumer were dissatisfied with them COULD be for you to boycott
their products and let them know about this boycott in either an e mail or
posted letter.

I specifically said this could be done without Boycotting MF FERRETS.... I
have pet store ferrets..  a couple I felt really need a home yesterday when
I bought them.  Others I just wanted..Plain and simple.  I had a good home
for them and I wanted them.  I think if a MF ferret is purchased then no
apology is needed..  I now have 3 shelter ferrets and a rescue that never
quite made it to a shelter...(she went directly to Dr. Kemmerer for adrenal
surgery) Without my pet store ferrets I would never have these ferrets.
WITHOUT PET STORE FERRETS I would never in all likelihood have any ferrets
at all.  I for one would never boycott a living entity to prove a point.
But leaving that 7 pound bag of Marshall Farms ferret food sitting on the
shelf doesn't bother me at all.

I am sorry that by mentioning labs this subject strayed from Boycotting MF
products (other then their ferrets) as a protest to "provide hard cold data
on the extent of specific research".

It is not my boycott, Diane and Bill so no one is specifically inviting
you..  IF you feel that all is well with the conditions at MF then by all
means continue or start buying all their products..  I have no vested
interest in any ferret supply company..  except to give them my money for
stuff my ferrets MUST have.

Maureen