Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:14:10 -0400
hello all,

a vet we know just rescued a ferret last night.  the owners had taken
him in to be euthanized because they can no longer afford his care.
however, they had no problems with the vet taking the ferret, hoping to
find him a home.  this is a male ferret about 1.5 years old.  he's very
sweet (apparently he's the vet's second favourite ferret patient.  the
favourite belongs to my roommate).

he was diagnosed with prostatic abscess, probably due to adrenal disease.
he's currently on Clavamox 2x daily, and Lupron monthly and is improving
on treatment.  the vet has just given him a Lupron shot.  he'll be ADV
tested before going to his new home.

please contact me if you can help.   thank you.

Selina