From:
Ed Bonza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 19:21:55 -0400
I'll keep it short.  Norman was the best ferret in the whole world!!!  Sweet
but crazy.  He was our first.  (We didn't know they were so crazy so we
named him Norman-- as in Norman Bates.) Norman was left with a VERY
competent sitter while we were on vacation.  The sitter could not find him
one day.  (He was in one of those new sleeping spots.  ) We told the sitter
he would be OK we would be back the next day and the house was "proofed" .
When we got home--no Norman.  We looked and he got out through the dryer
vent which means he got in a closet ( that we thought he could not get into)
and he dug his way through the dryer tube, ripped it off of the hole and
escaped through the hole.  He got out into the yard, and being afraid of
nothing, went over to play with the neighbors dogs like he played with ours.
To make a long story short, our neighbors dogs don't play and they killed
him.

We now have Annie and Pippin and the only time we left without putting them
in a cage was a disaster also!!  (we left them out by mistake).  We came
home and the back door was open ( the dogs wanted to come inside REAL bad).
Annie greeted us at the door (with a where the *@#$ have you been look) and
Pippin was gone.  Lucky for us Pippin is a chicken and was under the porch
and came right out (also with a where the *@#$ have you been look).

The moral of the story is--even though your house is "proofed"  *@#$
happens -PLEASE BE CAREFUL.  I have never missed a pet as much as I still
miss Norman! (and that's a bunch of pets)

Ed & Tracy Bonza