From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:01:44 -0800
Travis Jr seems obvious to me - after Uncle Travis - and it honors the
Ferret Community's new friend. Travis should not have a right to veto
this name - it should be taken to the ferret community with a few other
names for a line-up.... and voted on by that community!

As for the other names I've read that have been proffered - shouldn't
the name be considered an AMERICAN name and not some offering of
another country just because it's neat to give an exotic sounding
name.. BFF's are American ferrets, Indigenous to the USA.

Now it is true that no name will be truly and exclusively American,
because American English is like America herself, a melting pot.
However there are names that reflect a part of American History...

Daniel (Boone) Davey (Crocket) George (Washington) and the list goes
on and on...

I like Errol (for Flynn the swashing buckleing pirate on the silver
screen).

Then there's names of action such as Warrior, the Prairie Dog Slayer...
or just Slayer... and royalty Prince Blackfoot, Sir Galahad (oops
that's Engligh isn't it... ),

Then there's Adam - he's Tonks and Izzys 1st... or Seth the survivor -
Ok so those are not so exclusively or highly American either...

There's Tom (Sawyer - the adventerous boy) and Huck

How about famous native Americans? Geronimo, Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse,
Chief Joseph There are more....

You can call him Blackie, or Feet (that seems pretty lame), How 'bout
He Who Runs In Holes In The Ground and Drags Out Innocent Little
Rodents To Eat - oh wait -- that's a bit long and I'm sure there's
something else wrong with that name... hmmmm

Well those are some more to add to the list of "Gee does this one fit?"
Guess only Travis and his team would know which one fits best... LOL

CONGRATULATIONS - Miss Izzy and Tonks...

Vicki