From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 20:56:17 -0400
On Sunday, May 25th I am going to be on the radio in Columbus OH on the WCOL
AM station's PETS ARE OUR PASSION program.  One of the questions the host
brought up was the "rumor" that ferrets have bitten and "killed"?  a baby.
She wanted to know if there was any substance to the rumor or was it an old
wives tale like a cat sucking the breath out of babies.

I would like to have some sort of documentation/statistics or something in
response in case she should ask that question on the air.

Does anybody know where anything about supposed attacks on children or
babies by a ferret?  I have some statistics on bite incendents with dogs but
nothing to compare it with.  Any info or sources I could get to fast would
be appreciated.  I will be searching the net later and hope to come up with
something.  I really want to give a good impression and have compiled a
great deal of tidbits in note form so I can refer to them when needed.

Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] if anyone has any info.  Wish me luck!

Scarlett and the Happy Dookers, Kodi (I get to go to a radio station, Oh
boy - what's a radio?) Mishka, Nicci, Meiko, Brie, Weasel, Itsy, Chivas,
Bailey, Gelly, the girls and 18 kits!