Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:59:05 -0800
Alot of people have been emailing and asking about a special fund for
the Ohio breeder rescue mission, a fund that will help with the vet
costs incurred for these ferrets and also to help with the other day
to day needs that will have to be met. Well, MFRAN has decided to
help with that. For those of you that don't know, MFRAN is a 501c3
Organization base in Michigan. MFRAN is going to collect the money
via paypal (please put Ohio rescue in the subject line), and then
distribute it to the vets or for food for the ferret shelters that are
taking in the ferrets. Let me stress one thing, MFRAN is NOT using the
money to buy ferrets from him. Again, NOT BUYING FERRETS. The money
will be used for the care only.So far, close to 100 ferrets have been
taken out of there. Yes, some of them were paid for by money that was
donated specifically for purchasing ferrets to get them out of there,
but regardless of how the ferrets got out, they still need your help.
These ferrets have medical issues that need to be addressed ranging
from infections, needing heartworm testing, adv testing, flea treatment
(yep, alot of fleas!) to of course, spay and neuter. There are also
some possible pregnant ferrets.

With that said, We are looking for shelters that are willing to take
in ferrets and willing to transport, you can contact Kris Mewton via
e-mail at [log in to unmask] because he is building a program to keep
track of how many ferrets will be taken - We are also looking for
willing Vets, to help at the location when we go to get the babies. But
we need to know how many ferrets shelters are willing to take in and
what number they can take. We are in the process of closing him down so
please, if you are willing to take any babies, contact Kris. (Many of
you know Kris from the giving tree.) We will hopefully soon be getting
those furkids out of there and into safe, loving homes. If you have any
questions on how you can help, feel free to contact Kris or myself and
we will let you know what you can do.

Please help us to help these furkids. They deserve a chance.

Also, you can keep up with what is going on with this at www.mfran.org

Thanks,

Lora Blaisdell
Michigan Ferret Rescue inc.
www.miferretrescue.org

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still
I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
--Helen Keller