From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:00:48 -0500
Right now two of my ferrets are having quite a romp/fight session.  They
started on the couch, tumbled around the living room, and are now noisily
chasing and playing with each other in the kitchen.  I was laughing at
all the noise thinking 'Wow, they're really dooking it out' when it
occured to me that maybe that is what the expression is.  I always
thought it was "duke it out" (-:

(for those in other areas "duke it out" means to fight it out)

Risa

PS Moments
When my boyfriend and I would cuddle on the couch (usually as the fuzzies
were in my bedroom napping under my bed) if the mood started to turn
romantic my youngest ferret Baby would mysteriously appear from her nap
and start pushing around one of her noisy balls, quickly turning the
romantic mood into laughter.  Do you think they're afraid that we'll have
more ferrets?  hee hee

[The 'noisy ball' from Petco is great.  It's a colorful ping-pong like
ball that rattles when rolled.  It's in the cat section, geez - those cats
get all the good stuff (-: ] (Risa)