Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 12:51:12 -0500
I have a problem with one of my ferrets that is puzzling to my vet so I am
writing to you all in hopes that you can shed some light on what is going
on.  Count Ibili is a 10 and a half month old neutered/descented ferret
breeder unknown who is a big healthy playful ferret.  2 months ago he had a
great deal of blood pass through in his bowel movements and I promptly took
him to see the vet.  No blockages were found and coccidias <sp> was ruled
out.  He was placed on Tribrissim twice a day for 10 days and 72 hours into
the medication the blood ceased completely.  Everything appeared fine until
this past Wednesday when I found Ibili in the kitchen throwing up and
having bloody bowel movements once again.  I transported him to the vets
where a couple of X-Rays were preformed as well as subcutaneous fluids and
another go of Tribrissim.  The doctor found a mass underneath his heart and
was very concerned about this.  He is keeping Ibili in the hospital until
Monday and is not sure what is going on.  He did mention lymphosarcoma but
said he was not experienced with this in ferrets and wanted to consult with
someone who was.  The bloody bowel movements have again ceased and Ibili is
eating fine.  I am very concerned as to what this could be as obviously
something is not right.  Does anyone have any suggestions and if Dr. Adney
agrees as I will ask him formally on Monday would any ferret vets reading
this be willing to consult with him?

I truly appreciate any help you can give to me as I am very worried because
something is simply not right.  Dr. Adney is head of The Lake Hamilton
Animal Hospital in Hot Springs, Arkansas and his phone number is: (501)
767-8503 and a very wonderful compassionate doctor.  Again, thank you for
anything you can do to help in this matter.

Diane