From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:11:00 -0400
I thought my request was clear.....but I see that it was not. So,
please allow me to restate my request.

While I very well know that many shelter kids have received wonderful
heartfelt bridge greetings, I have hesitated to request a bridge
greeting for both the shelter kids at Raisins and for my own personal
kids over the years as I did not want to overburden our bridge greeters
by requesting greetings each and every time one little one passed ...
sometimes the numbers get numerous. I also wanted the greeters to
focus on the loss of other pets. Call what what you wish, but I was
trying to be considerate of others and take comfort and solace in the
greetings left for other precious pets and think of my own losses
while reading those greetings. This is the first time I have requested
a greeting for any of my kids. And I know many other shelter moms and
dads do not request greetings either for the same reasons I did not.
So, I am asking for myself and for other rescues.

Again, what I am asking for is much like the poem entitled, Rainbow
Bridge for Rescuers. A general greeting by a ferret who on earth was
much like those in the shelter who pass without the love and embrace
of an owner - but are precious no less. That's why I made the request
to No. 421. And, like the Rainbow Bridge for Rescuers poem, I wanted
to print it out and display it in the ferret play room. And, perhaps,
I can read the poem to them during their last few minutes on earth so
they will not be afraid.....

I hope that clarifies my request. How about it No. 421?

Maren Doshier
Founder/President
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS