From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:22:13 -0600
One of my clients once told me a way to control fleas that worked for her.
I'm not sure it works as I am lucky to live at an altitude where fleas
can't breathe.  (me either somedays) It works at nite while you are
sleeping and is logical in principle.  I know, hurry and get to the point
before another bites you!

Plugs nite lights into all open wall receptacles at nite and place a litter
box half full of water under it.  Fleas you see, like most bugs, are
attracted to light.  They hit the light or wall like a flying fish trying
to hit a deck light and bounce off into the pan of water.  Unless your
fleas have a water survival certificate, drowning soon ensues.  Of course
many of you may want to stay up and watch this method of paying the little
buggers back for all the bites and pain they have caused you and your pets.
Please feel free to do so.  It is good therapy and cheaper than a shrink.

In the morning, waking up refreshed and knowing you are responsible for
the deaths of millions (fleas that is ) simply dump the pans into the
toilet and flush those hard to kill eggs down to some other part of town
besides yours.  Some say adding dish soap to the water makes the water
penetrate the fleas thick skin alot easier.  So, let the holocaust of fleas
begin.  I hope by the end of the week to hear some tremendously large body
counts.  Please post.

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy