From:
Jaime De Castellvi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:29:19 -0500
Because me and my wife are in a situation where we currently reside a good
nine hours away (driving in good weather) from each other, we alternate
doing the drive between Kingston, ON and Washington DC as often as we can
get leave to.

She was just up here and my turn is next.  But although the drive is still
a few weeks away, I would like to plan this in advance, so hence my
question.

Currently I use their main three full levels wire condo also as their
travel cage, since I don't want them making any long trips couped up in
a small (relatively speaking) cage.  But it is a fairly big cage and
furthermore, I use some limestone blocks I had handy to keep the high
cornered litter pans fixed in place, so it is a bit of a pain to disasemble
the whole thing, reassemble it in the van fixing it in place with bungee
cords, and then doing the same thing and reassembling it in my place when
I get back, after a nine hour drive.

I've been meaning for a while now to get an even bigger wire cage (three
to four FULL leves with plenty of height and space, big enough doors below
for the huge square litter pans with high back corners), and leave their
current condo permanently installed as their travel cage in the van.  And
as nice as some of the Martin's and other reputable and more or less
labour-of-love cages look on the web, I want a closer look so I can see
first hand what kind of housing my ferrets are getting.

My question, to any ferret lover anywhere along the following itinerary,
follows shortly: On the way down from Kingston I cross the border at the
Ivy Lea, drive down I-81 through Watertown and Syracuse (NY), through
Binghamton, then Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton and Harrisburg (PA).
I then usually branch into the I-83 towards Baltimore, then the I-695
Baltimore belt, to the I-95 and then the I-495.  I can also do it staying
on the I-81 after Harrisburg until the 17, then go South and East.

Here is the question then.  Along that itinerary, are there any more or
less reputable big, good, wire cage makers/sellers?  Who would be highly
recommended for a visit and a possible purchase?

Thanks in advance,

Jaime