From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:21:04 -0500
My name is Bryan Coffey.  I've wanted ferrets since I saw the
Beastmaster movie (high school or before).  I went through high school,
undergraduate, graduate, and part of a Ph.D. dreaming of the little fur
worms and occasionally reading about them.  In 1996, I bought a condo in
Boston, and three months later Albi and Esef (First Weasels) moved in.
They slowly claimed more and more of my home, pushing me back into a
remote section of the bathtub.  About one year later I adopted the
Parking Lot girls (Merri & Mint).  We all work together to tear up our
home.  The ferrets forced me to compile the Ferret Poem Book.  (Of
course it was Dr. Kemmerer (FL) who started it all off by having the
Haiku contest, and all of you who did the writting.)  Last month myself,
four ferrets, my new wife, and one cat moved to Sudbury (with trees and
grass).  In the spring I'll finish ferret proofing the fence around the
yard, then turn loose four furry gardeners to do their version of
landscaping.

I learned about the FML from the newsgroup alt.pets.ferrets.  I went to
my first frolic, while buying ferret food.  The cashier told me to
quickly hurry over to the VFW because there were lots of ferrets there.
We all now love to go to the ferret frolics twice a year (pictures from
the last one are at http://www.gis.net/~bpcoffey/frolic)