From:
Diane Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:15:56 -0400
Jeez.  It seems that ALOT of Long Island ferrets are in need of homes.  And
there just aren't enough foster homes in the club I belong to, or enough
ferret shelters in the area.  My husband and I are listed in many town
animal shelters and petstores so we often receive these calls.

Well, tonight we got a call from a girl who rescued 2 female ferrets from
a pet store.  They are both about 1 year old.  They were being neglected
in the pet store and are extremely nippy (to the point of drawing blood),
due to the lack of handling or possible prior abuse.  She got them out of
that store because she was concerned that they would end up in the wrong
hands and be abused more, abandoned, or even worse.  As much as this girl
tried, she has been unable to cure these ferrets of their biting habits.
She would love to keep them and keep trying to train them but she has older
ferrets who are on medication and they take up much of her time.  She is
seeking a good home for these 2 biters.  She wants to make sure they go
to a home that is used to dealing with biters and who can take the time
to train them not to bite.  These ferrets need very patient owners who can
take the time to show these ferrets love and make them trust humans.  Other
than prior exposure to ECE, the history of these ferrets is unknown.

Her name is Kathleen and her email is: [log in to unmask] and her friend's
email is: (who is currently holding these 2 ferrets) [log in to unmask]
and they both live in Western Nassau County.  If you have any more
questions, feel free to email me at: [log in to unmask] and I can
try putting you in touch with them by phone, but it is preferable that you
try emailing Kathleen first.

Thank you so much.