From:
Tracy & Aaron McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 20:51:10 -0500
Chuck, I would definitely keep a close eye on Boing since he is carrying Lil
Beeper.  I have a cat who used to carry Pinky whenever he had the chance &
even appeared to be nesting on her.  I asked 2 different vets for advice.
They said he was displaying maternal instincts.  Their advice was to keep a
very close eye on him to make sure he did not get rough with her.
Considering animal mouths are dirty, if they tear the skin there is good
chance of infection developing.

Katie, my Bear also has cataracts - she had them when we got her.  Our vet's
main concern was what caused the cataracts - such as diabetes.  We had her
urine tested & she does not have diabetes.  You may want to have George
tested for diabetes.  Bear gets around extremely well, so her lack of
eyesight doesn't slow her down a bit.  She is always is great spirits, too!
She has the funniest war dance - she runs & does a u-turn, runs & does a
u-turn, over & over!  She's hilarious!

Gloria, your veterinarian probably sells toothpaste that is safe for
animals.  I bought some, a finger toothbrush, & a child size toothbrush.
Wish I could report that toothbrushing went well, but they hated it.  Maybe
you would have better luck than I did.

Well, everyone, take care of yourself & your fuzzies!  Keep this in mind - 3
years ago Pinky could not go to the bathroom & we thought she was sure to
die.  After weeks of medicine & then surgery she was finally diagnosed with
chronic bowel disease.  At that time, she was put on special food & medicine
for life.  Whenever 1 of our ferrets "misses" the box, I sigh with
disappointment, but never get mad.  Their messes are small so they are not a
big deal to clean up & messes mean things inside are working.  When Pinky
was so sick I would have PAID for her to have the availability to go on the
floor!

Tracy & the girls -
Pinky, Jasmine, Shadow, & Bear