Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2014 09:42:21 -0700
Many years ago, Consumer Reports tested all the then brands of top
loaders and front loaders, and he front loaders, produced the best
test results continually.

Obviously, everyone's results will differ....

When our old top loader finally died, after 3 children and 4
grandchildren, not to mention all the fur kids, (Cats, dogs and
ferrets) we bought a front loader. As I restore old cars and rebuild
radio equipment for fun, I get my clothes pretty dirty. Using half the
soap (Tide), and substantially less water, *my* work clothes have never
been cleaner.

Until I lost so much weight, my favorite shirts, Duluth Trading Co.'s
pocket T's and V Necks, (were and still are) would get food dropped
on them and grease spots, because I couldn't belly up to the table
very well, I always had to pre-treat to remove the grease spots, that
were the result of my extremely rotund belly. With the front loader,
pre-treating is not needed...well...now that I am back down to a
reasonable weight and size again (245/X-Large) I am no longer a slob,
so grease spots are a thing of the past, but...I would never consider
a top loader again.

MC, No longer owned by ferrets, but still bossed around by a pair of
Bengal kitties, who think they own me. (Silly kitties)