From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:01:38 -0600
Yesterday my little Mickey left us to go be with Dodger at the Bridge.
Mickey came to us just last year from a lady that had obtained him and
Angel from a shelter here. I had asked here in this forum for help with
their fur, because the lady had bathed them in something that stripped
all the oil from their coat. Eventually his fur turned soft again and
he had a ferret smell. He was a beautiful big boy, white with a few
scattered black hairs and a black freckle on the right side of his
little nose. Last May out of the blue, after playing hard one day, he
couldn't walk and was drooling terribly. He was diagnosed with the
horrible disease. We managed for 8 months on his meds. But the last
week they didn't help, he couldnt play, the least little excitement and
his sugar would drop to near coma level. He started throwing up his
meds and refused to eat anything. The night before last he refused to
sleep near Angel, I knew it was time. It didn't make it any easier. He
didn't raise his head when I put him and his favorite blanket in the
little carrier. At Dr Snyders office he wasn't curious about anything
around him. I held him, kissed his little head and cried for myself.

I know he is playing at the Bridge with his friends and buddies that
went before him. He went easy, no fuss. He was such a sweet little boy,
always ready to play until this awful disease took hold of him. I have
beautiful pics of him, his back arched, little mouth open, dooking all
the way down the hallway, chasing Angel all over the place. He would
drag his blanket out of his cage in the morning and back in at night.
He left this world wrapped in that blanket. Bridge greeters watch out
for my little Mickey, now that he is better he will be hell on wheels.

Thanks for listening

Kim