From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 15:15:27 -0400
Hi, I know I am a little behind, but I do catch up eventually.  The comment
about witches did not personally offend me, I can see how it might offend
some, but I try not to be overly sensitive since many do not realize Wicca
is a religion.  I am very proud to be a Witch and would never try to hide it
from anyone.  I always hope people can except me for who I am because I
accept everyone no matter what their religion is.  Unfortunatley there are
many people out there who have the wrong ideas about Wicca.

Anyway just wanted to drop a note to say you are not the only Witch on the
FML.

Also awhile back I mentioned the Denver zoo had a ferret.  Well, I never
could get a copy of a transcript of the news interview on that , but 2 weeks
ago a Zoo representative called me out of the blue to adopt a ferret.  It
seems they keep two ferrets on hand to take around to educate people about
animals.  Unfortunatley they do tell people they are pets and from what I
could gather they make it sound like they are wild animals by talking about
what they where like inm the wild and such.  It disturbes me that all our
efforts to educate people about ferrets as domestic pets is rolled over by
things like this.  Even if they never say they are wild, having them at a
zoo program still gives that feel to uneducated people.  Anyway, I did not
adopt to them.

Take care all.  Blessed Be, Stephanie