From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 06:39:20 -0500
Dear FML'ers

Those of you who share the first love of my life, ferrets, KNOW, if you
have a really smart ferret, it can poop inside a sealed unit.  With that
said, I have one three decker cage with ramps on the back side.  The two
girls that live there, go to level two, more the small corner litter pan
out of the corner and lift their tails letting it drop to the first
floor.  They then move the litter pan back - voila, no mess in their
house.

The big litter pan is on the bottom floor, it is big enough for the girls
to hit it from three stories up, but, ferrets can't see very good and
their aim in bad.  This expensive litter pan with the high back, low
sides, and easy access front, now looks like a castle in a moat.  You
get the picture.

One of my little gals backs down the last ramp, and makes a deposit. What
can I say, she likes to poop on hills.  Soooooo, I am left to clean a
ramp that is all squares, filled with solid poop in various depths.  I
cannot reach it easily, a painters stirring stick did not work, only
shaved off the top layer, left the squares solid.  Sigh.

Grandma to the rescue - I was watching the T.V. and this lady with a
French manicure was cleaning her toilet.  Without gloves - with a new mop
and throw away gizmo.  What ever happened to Grandma's toilet brush???
That's it, I need one of them.

FML'ers, it works great.  BUT you may soon have to go to an antique shop
to find one.  They are considered unsanitary.  The clerk at the store
just about died, "A What?"  "What do you use it for.?"  I told her it
is sort of like a toothbrush but you use it for an appliance.  She still
couldn't get the picture.

All kidding aside, if you have this problem, get one or two today.  I can
get down on my knees, and reach in and brush the matter off.  It falls
into the moat, and I can pull the tray, carefully,clean it up, wash and
sanitize, and away we go.

Would I change anything - nope -and with that said, you still need four
legs and a tail to make it in my house.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.