From:
Megan Dahlem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:19:48 -0700
My little chocolate weasel girl was doing her itchy dance and something
caught my eye... Her vulva is incredibly swollen and the color is light
pink (if that makes a difference)...

She's a MF girl, almost 3.5 yrs old - so my first guess would be adrenal
problems.  I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner - The kids are
handled every day and I just don't know how I could miss something like
that.  :(

Is there *any* chance this could be an incomplete spay?  Probably a little
late for that... But... Anyone have an experience with that?

I'm going to start sourcing out vets & will get her in to the vet asap -
the ferrets have an excellent vet, but I'm going to do some comparing.  I
have a $1,000 in credit available for such emergencies, however, I have no
more than that.  (One of those poor college students, you know...)

Suggestions on great Seattle area vets are very much appreciated!  And
what should I ask for once I get there? An ultrasound or the blood workup?

Tonic is otherwise completely healthy. No hair loss whatsoever, she's fat
and her activity level is normal.  She seems to be a little itchy now but
I could just be paranoid.  (No fleas here, believe me I've looked!)

If this is adrenal, I'm pretty sure I'll elect for the surgery.. Since
she's so healthy.  I know it's important to catch this early for the best
success - but how high are the odds that there will be more problems in
the future?

I'm bummed.. Tonic is such a sweetheart..  I just wasn't expecting this
quite so soon.

Well.. It's time I weed through that info that I have stored away and
study up.  Comments are welcome!

- Megan

http://students.washington.edu/mdahlem/furo/