From:
Mary Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:52:30 -0500
In answer to Chris' questions about the FX show.  I just saw a copy of
that show this weekend, and was going to write in about it.  (I had heard
they were going to have ferrets on sometime during the week, but didn't
know which day.  So, I asked a friend (who has cable) to tape the show
for me all week, so I would be sure to see it.

Every day at 2:30 (Central time) there is a show on FX (the Fox Cable
channel) called The Pet Department.  It is hosted by Steve Walker (a
fellow Iowan) and his pet, Jack the Dog.  Every day they "Road Test" a
different animal on their show ...  the segment lasts about 5 minutes,
they show the animal, briefly tell how to take care of it (grooming,
food, etc.) and approximate cost for the animal and upkeep.

Last Tuesday (July 18) they "road tested" ferrets.  They had three
ferrets on, and the segment was all positive.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get a copy of the show, but FX does
have an 800 number, 1-800-fxfxfx1.  All in all, The Pet Department is
a great show  (both fun and informative) for animal lovers like me!