From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 20:22:58 -0700
>From:    Todd Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: underwater ferrets
>I think that I should have put my angora ferret Draco in the Olympics.  He
>has turned out to be a champion swimmer.  One day,I had forgotten to put the
>dogs' water up and I found him with his head under the water and moving it
>all around like he was seriously bobbing for apples.

Maybe it's an angora thing <G> My 2 angoras LOVE water too!  The first time
Hogan saw a water bowl, he dove right in...so hilarious!  Hogan and Chy will
go bobbing for raisins; stick their heads underwater and go snorkling...
literally blowing bubbles out of their noses :).  it is so cute :)

Before my others would tolerate swimming in the pool and a shower.  They
would Never snorkle, or stick their heads under water for anything!  But the
other day I caught Andy and Hogan snorkling in the cat bowl together.

A few days ago someone was asking about angoras...don't remember who...
sorry.  They are wonderful!  If you decide to get one..they are going to be
HUGE...Hogan is 16 weeks and almost 3.5 lbs...heiffert :) During shedding
time you're going to need some petromalt or other hairball remedy.  Also
you're going to need a comb/brush and a few minutes a day to run it through
their long luxurious fur :)

Another thing...American ferrets "dook"...but what about the Angoras?  They
are from Sweden...they can't come over to the US with a perfect US
accent...so we've decided that the Swedish ferrets "Deuk" :) and if you
listen close enough to their chatterbox deuking...you can hear them saying
exactly that :)

Sweet dreams of long fur,
Christina and the Dooks er...Deuks? of Hazard.