From:
Pegge_Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:56:00 EST
As the coordinator of the Ottawa Ferret Association, I was surprised to read
on the FML that we have a 'six month' waiting list to adopt a ferret.  I
regret that the person who posted this statement was left with that
impression and found it necessary to support a pet store.

Rescue operations cannot predict when an orphan will become available.  This
post appeared in the Nov. 6th issue of the FML.   Last night we received a
one year old male. Today we rescued a one year old female.  We also have a
young male and female pair waiting for a home.  On many occasions we have
taken in three or four orphans in one day.  One time ( a day I will never
forget) we rescued seven.

I would not want to discourage prospective adoptees from calling our
Association because they think we have a six month waiting list.  Just
wanted to set the record straight.

Pegge Clarke
Ottawa Ferret Association