From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 1994 14:00:27 -0500
Hello everyone!
        Although I am a new suscriber to the list I have been reading it
for some time now off of a friends account. It has really been an
excellent source of info and has really helped me in taking care of my
carpet-sharks. :) Well, down to the nitty-gritty - I have two great sable
females: Deanna who's 1 yr old and Brittany who's 14 weeks. They get
along beautifully, although sometimes they play really rough. As of yet, I
haven't seen either one draw blood - it just looks plain painful.
        Anyway, recently, I have seen an appearance of bald spots on thier
chins - in the area of the neck and I'm very concerned - I have no idea
what it could be from. I thought that it might have been from rough playing
but I'm pretty sure that's not it. Also, I am sure they don't have fleas.
Deanna's neck has a definate, circle shaped bald spot, where Brittany's
chin is missing hair in several spots - in a splotchy manner. It seems to
be getting no better and I am growing more concerned. I know it is a
terrible thing to say, but I really can't afford to bring them to a vet
right now becuase I am a poor college student. Believe me though, that I
would never sacrifice the health of my babies. I am wondering if maybe it
is due to some form of mites.. I'm hoping that maybe someone on the list
may have seen this condition before and might be able to help me - I'd
really appreciate it! Thanx!
                        Bridget, Brittany and Deanna