From:
"Carla R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:34:26 -0500
This has worked or me.  I bought a portable puppy fence.  It has 8 sections
of 24x30 inch panels.  You can change the shape as needed.  By itself it
is useless, so I bought 8 sections of .80 plexiglass cut 23.5x28 inches.
I used clear packing tape to tape them all to the same side of the fence.
They are taped at the top and bottom and I just run the tape the length of
the plexiglass with a small bit going towards the front.  (I am considering
experimenting, but the tape has held up to all my ferrets and two skunks,
as long as it's not exposed to wet weather)  It remains light enough for
traveling and can still be folded up.  I make sure that the plexiglass side
is towards the critters to keep them from pulling the tape off or climbing
the wire.  I have it configured into a square so all the outside are
plexiglass and two sections are put together to make a swinging gate.  It
took some working with, but it is possible!  This keeps the two fueding
businesses apart and I can play with them or walk about the house as I
need to.  Every once in awhile, I have to replace the plexiglass, but it
has held up well through several years of traveling, skunk shows, family
visits, and in-house use.  I also have a Lowe's children's carpet that fits
underneath it to protect the flooring wherever we may be staying.  Hope
this is clear, if not feel free to e-mail me privately!

Carla, Artie & Emma

[P.S. to above]
As the weasels have so graciously reminded me, the aforementioned Lowe's
children's carpet (see prior post) is rubber backed.  Since this is a
potential health hazard, I must state that if it is used under the portable
puppy fence reinforced with plexiglass, it should be sticking out far
enough that no ferret can drag it back in.  And should only be used when
the fence is being used to contain the ferrets (or in my case, sometimes
skunks) within it.

Carla, Artie & Emma