Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:50:03 EDT
Georgia wrote about her ferret getting a phone call.  It reminded me of a
story that happened a couple weeks ago and went something like this:

Phone rings
I answer "hello"
Guy speaks "Is this the shelter"
Me "This is the Ferret Shelter"
Guy "I need to speak to someone that stays there"
Me "OK but they usually don't do too good on the phone - usually just
    sniff it"
Guy "Huh??"
Me "The ferrets - they just sniff the phone"
Guy "This is a ferret shelter?"
female laughter in the back ground
me "Ah yes, we are a ferret shelter, that's what I had said"
Guy "I thought you just named it that"
female really laughing now......

Oh boy - I bet a lot of people would be checking into a shelter called
"Ferret Shelter"

Faith