From:
"Mark A. Willard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 19:12:47 -0500
I'm currently babysitting my daughter's class ferret over Christmas break
and am a little concerned.  This ferret has bald spots and generally thin
hair.  I'm aware that ferrets can appear to be going bald while changing
from summer to winter coats, but that isn't it.  I went through the FAQ to
see if anything describes what I've been seeing, but nothing does.

This ferret has been losing hair for at least three months, has thin fur all
over her body, and has a bald spot about as big as a dime on her head.  She
eats Science Diet kitten food and is eating regularly, so I wouldn't think
that she has a nutritional imbalance.  She seems to sleep a lot, but she's
four year's old and that might just be her personality.  She's pretty laid
back generally.  Her stools look fine.  She is shaking a lot, but that could
just be due to the new environment.

She does play some with my ferret (8 month old jill) but doesn't seem to
have anywhere near her energy level.  She has been neutered and descented,
and she is a Marshall Farm's ferret.  She's also very skinny but, according
to my daughter, has always been that way.

Anyone have any ideas as to what this ferret's problem might be, or is she
just a skinny, thin coated, laid back ferret?

Thanks