From:
Kristi the Great <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 00:59:35 -0500
My little baby girl is going in for surgery Thursday morning.  Her vulva
has been swollen and is oozing some nasty discharge, and the vets think its
adrenal and want to do surgery to check it out.  I of course was completely
unprepared for this, because she's so young (a year and a half), she hasn't
changed any of her habits (except she's a lot more kissy and cuddly
lately), and she has no hair loss or anything.  :( But we always think it
can never happen to us, don't we?  I wasn't thinking never, I was just
hoping for it, and thinking I'd at least have a few more years before I
should worry.  This is my first time dealing with something like this, and
I'm afraid for my poor baby.  She's only a pound, it seems like she'd be
too small to operate on!  Even though she never acts fragile, suddenly she
seems so much smaller and helpless and so breakable.  Anyone who has been
through it before, please write me if you have a chance and let me know how
the surgery went and what I should expect, since I'm such a worried mom.
Thanks in advance and thanks again to everyone who makes up this list; I
always love having the opportunity to talk to ferret people, but it's times
like this that the true value of this wonderful resource and all you
wonderful people really makes itself known.  Peace.

Morticia Stewart, Domestic Goddess of the Night
     (and I sell Pampered Chef too!)
The Mustelid Mob of Mayhem:
     Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki
The Felonious Felines
     Boo and Casey
visit us at: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093
*ferrets are like potato chips - you can't have just one!*
My ICQ: 194656
My AOL IM name: EmaniaE (NOT e-mail)