From:
Norma Mooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 15:01:24 +0000
Hello everyone.  i am just burning mad right now after reading Dave's post
about ferrets being illegal in Windsor, Ontario.  This comes just a short
while after hearing of them being banned in London, Ont., as well, and that
a similar law in North York has JUST been changed.  i mean, is this CANADA
or is this CALIFORNIA?!!!  i thought that ferrets were recognized as
domestic animals here, but then i keep hearing about these city by-laws.
How can they do this?  Shouldn't one law just apply everywhere?  If ferrets
are domestic, how can they say they are exotic?!  How can they have the
right to say they will "destroy" your pet...for no reason?!?  ARRGGHH!!!
Arrgghhh!!!!

So here's the deal...

i have had it.

i would really appreciate it if all you wonderful folks in the States, who
have been forced to face this kind of mind-boggingly frustrating #$%^@!!,
would please tell me what to do...what you did to change things.  Who do i
speak to?  What do i tell them?  What sort of statistics should i be armed
with?  Where do i find these facts?  Etc., Etc.  Just anything you can tell
me that might help.  If you have pamphlets, or flyers, or anything else that
i might be able to use i will pay you for them and for the cost of mailing
them.

Please help me!

This is just terribly important and i feel a responsibility to get something
done about it, but i'm lost as to where to start.  Also, if i phone some
smuck up at City Hall, or Animal Control, and am not armed with all the
facts i am Very likely to just blow up and start screaming at him about what
a butthead i think he is (it is the Irish, Red-head in me).  While this may
make me feel a lot better, i doubt it will help the cause.

Thank-you so much everyone!

Norma-ann
President of SOFA
and Mom to Molly, Leo, and Maggie.