From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:06:24 -0800
We allow Rootie, the beagle, to occassionally play with the boys with
supervision.  The boys are bigger and stronger than the girls, so I am
not as worried about Rootie hurting them.  I sit on the floor in the
bedroom with the ferret gate blocking the door so no one can get too far
from me if they need rescuing.

Anyway, the last couple of times I've noticed Rootie doing a strange thing.
He gets up real close to a fert, then flops his head down on top of them
and rubs his face down the length of their body.  It makes the fert kick
and dook and they think it's great and come back for more.  It's very cute
to see.

Does anyone have any idea why Rootie does this?  Is he trying to smell like
a ferret?  Is he rubbing his own scent off on them?  Or is he just trying
to play nice by not biting them?  Or is he trying to squash them?
Personally I think he likes "eau-du-furret".

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

*$*$* Want an easier way to pay for auctions or receive pay from auction
winners?  Want to earn $10 for nothing? Click on this link (or cut and
paste) to sign up and see for yourself:
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=anippy%40yahoo.com