From:
Rebecca Hoadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 08:05:10 GMT
I have to respond to this.

I have both ferrets and rats.  The rats of course are securley caged (most
of the tim) and/or in a part of the apratment the ferrets are not allowed
into.  However while the differenc in their temperments and behaviors are
VERY differnt, Rats are no less great pets than ferrets.  Ferrets play and
dook adn dance and are litter box trained, adn all in all more cat like
than rats which are very dog like.  Rats have a high intelligence, and in
fact my boys are litterbox trained and willa ll come to their individual
names.  And truth be told if it came down to Maddy or Tempelton (Ferret adn
rat respectivly) For whatever reason (none i can imagine) It would probably
be mddy who would go to a good home.

Ferrets aren't sold as snake food> Temeplton was here first.  And
tempelton will Use his littter pan more reliably AND come when called.
Thant said, I lvoe maddy dearly and she is a joy

But rats have the same PRproblems as ferrets, I don' think they need more
bad pess.