From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 06:57:06 -0800
Dear Mehgan,

I had the same problem while I was in Austin.  Apt. complexes do not allow
bunnies in either.  Why?  These animals do cause damage.  How did I get
through this?  Well, I never mentioned I had ferrets (though the Super knew
and he was kind enough not to say anything.  He also happened to be from
Boston which, unlike the locals, insured a "I mind my own business"
policy).  I would not allow anyone into my apt. without my being there
(give it to them in writing).  When they did come in, I hid the kids in the
bedroom closet with a radio playing rather loudly (just loud enough to
drown out the scratching and playing going on in the cage).  If they found
out, I would have had to get rid of them in three days (whilst paying a
whopping pet fee).  If not, I had to move out and still be penialized for
breaking my lease.

Good luck

Lise