From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:32:36 -0700
We have lots of those around here :-)

Izzy likes to be the first one up in the morning and he will follow us
around everywhere we go, standing up on his hind legs begging to be
picked up until somebody gives in and gives him the attention he so
sweetly demands.  He will then snuggle, cover us with kisses and then go
find Napoleon the cat to torment,lol.  He used to attempt to pester the
dogs too, but he apparently finds that they aren't as much fun as the cat
who will run away.  The dogs, a shepherd mix, a husky and a collie, all
3 just ignore his pestering.  The cat, however will hiss and run all
through the house with Izzy on his heels.  Napoleon is well, kind of dumb
and hasn't figured out that all he would have to do is jump the gate to
the kitchen and Izzy couldn't merrily give chase anymore, hahaha,
truthfully I think Napoleon enjoys being chased as much as Izzy enjoys
chasing him.  We have seen Napoleon search till he finds Izzy and then he
taunts Izzy until he gives chase.  Napoleon is also a bit on the chubby
side, so we figure that Izzy has just taken it upon himself to be
Napoleon's personal trainer and insure that Nappy will get his much
needed exercise by doing rounds through the house.  Izzy never bothers
Inky, our other cat.  Just Napoleon.

Izzy also LOVES the bathtub....as long as it isn't bathtime and there is
less than an inch of water in it.  He will search franticly for a way
into the tub, and once he gets in he spends the entire time bouncing,
attacking the curtain, licking the sides, and dooking.  His only worry is
that he can never figure out how exactly to get out of the tub,lol, so
one of us always has to go in and save him eventually.  I have had Izzy
"visit" while taking many a shower many times.  Suddenly there is a
cinnamon colored ball of wet fur dancing and dooking, attacking my feet
and any bubbles.  He will chase the bubbles around the tub until they
pop, and he tries to attack the streams of water spraying down on him.
It is so funny I rarely have the heart to toss him out, besides, he will
just come right back.  I'm used to it now, so it's no big deal to have my
toes nipped while I'm trying to rinse the soap out of my eyes and can't
see who is chomping them, but the first few times he hopped in the shower
with me, he scared the crap out of me!  He's just very lucky I looked
before stomping!lol.

He has a taste for anything fried,any kind of bread, and anything that
has butter on it, so we have to watch him if there are say, fried
mushrooms, chicken strips, french fries,dinner rolls, pizza, ect.
anywhere within his vicinity because he will steal the food item and dash
like mad under the couch with it.  Once he gets it under the couch, good
luck getting it back from him.  He's figured out that if we try to move
the couch to get to him and his prize, he has enough time to zip out from
the opposite end of the couch, prize in mouth, and haul tail down the
hallway with it before we even notice he's gone from under the couch.  We
were stupid enough years ago to leave a pizza and a half sitting on the
coffe table for about 30 minutes unattended.....when we returned the top
pizza box was on the floor with the pizza still in it, the other box was
still on the coffee table, but it was empty!  It was a whole mushroom
and sausage pizza.......we searched and searched and only ever found one
partial slice of the entire damn pizza.  What they did with the rest of
it is still to this day a mystery.

Those are some of Izzy's quirks.  They each have so many it would be way
to long of a post to put everybody in here at once, so I'll just do one
of our seven a day!  Today was Izzy, look for more to come on Hannibal,
Socks, Fenris, Baby, U.V., and Lace!

Dooks and Hugs!
Yvonne