From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:16:50 -0400
>From:    ferret <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Colloidal silver
>BTW, it might interest you to know that silver nitrate was used for years
>(and still is used in some places) as drops administered in the eyes of
>newborns to fight infections.  Silver is also utilized heavily in the burn
>departments of major hospitals to fight infections in burns.

Nope.  Silver nitrate was a topical ointment.  So is not comparable to a
different non-medicine used internally.  silver nitrate is also considered
obsolete as it is dangerous.

Silver of any form used in burn treatments is also obsolete if ever used.

>From:    Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: This Colloidial Silver Stuff

If after yesterday you still do not know...

It is not really anything unfortunately.  Some forms are really colloidal
silver which is an ionic suspension of silver particles.  It is not
medicine.  Check with the FDA on that.

You do not know what you are getting if you buy colloidal silver.  There
are no reputable companies as colloidal silver is not an FDA approved
medicine nor is it an approved diet supplement.  There is no way to know
that what you are buying even has silver in it.

You can learn exactly what it is by following the link we gave yesterday.
This is a real description unshaded by a sales pitch.

Here it is again:
http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/081799a.txt

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets