From:
lisa zeffiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:12:54 -0500
Hello all,

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.  I was looking forward to a
happy holiday but things have turned for me.  My kits have learned to fly
and in doing so one of them (Ruby) took a fall or leap off of the cage and
landed I think on a plastic tube on the floor.  I heard her cry and when I
came in she was walking in circles dragging her back feet.  I picked her
up and she pooped.  I took her to the vet and xrays showed nothing broke.
He gave her a shot of cortozone and gave me the same in pills.  Took her
to the potty a few times in the night.  This morning her back legs are
still dragging behind her so I am going to go get a second opinion today.
With all the panic yesterday somehow my Pumpkin got out.  At first we
thought that she was cuddled in the couch but she just isn't in the
apartment.  You always sympathize with those who lost a fuzzy, Donna and
Eppy have been in my prayers and I thought what pain they must be feeling,
I could only imagine until now.  We are at freezing here at night, I fear
the worst.  Walked the whole complex rattling her ball.  She is such a
gentle girl.  If you could send a prayer for Pumpkin.....any advice on
Rubies back?  Hugs and kisses to all your babies.

Lisa, Pumpkin, Monkey, Ruby, Cocoa
and my angel Bandit