From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:26:35 -0700
>From:    Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL  <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Red Irish Ferrets Rule !!!
>
>Apparently someone failed to see humor in my post on the red haired
>ferret and blasted me.

I "blasted" you because you posted ethnic slurs.  Maybe some think
they're funny but there's a principle here: ethnic slurs should NOT
be permitted on a moderated list.  Even what I posted in anger as
examples should have been disallowed by the moderators.

Am I guilty of occasionally telling an Irish or Italian joke?  Sure - but
only in the proper context (with Irish & Italian family who understand
the stereotypes are invalid and absurd).  I suggest you think about the
appropriateness of what you post next time (as we all should).

btw: I don't know what offends me more
1) the posted ethnic slurs
2) that moderators permitted them
3) that you don't understand the moral principle you violated by
    reducing a class of people to nothing more than a comical stereotype
4) that you think this is about "winning"

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."
~ Garrison Keillor ~