From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:42:00 -0700
Today, I picked a new Mascot for Especially Ferrets Inc.  His name is
Niko and he is a 3# 7oz marked white male canadian.  He won't stop giving
kisses.  and he loves to roll around on the ground with me.  I have been
needing for him to come along now for awhile.  He was surrendered by a
young couple who said they couldn't afford three ferrets.  He is only 7
mos old.  Our first and former Mascot and co founder of Especially Ferrets
Inc., was Hilarious Harvey Horton, my first ferret.  He died April 26th of
this year of cancer.  He was a MF and was 6 years old when he went to visit
all the other kids at the Rainbow Bridge.  I still am missing him so much,
and will carry his memory with me every day I live.  Since Harvey left us,
I have seen more than 500 sweet little faces go by me here at the shelter
and the other day when I first met Niko, I just knew something special was
going to happen.  He had a case of conjuctivitis at first, but it is gone
now, and today, I promised my big boy that he would never again be caged.
My heart is now mending from the void that Harveys going away has left in
me.  He doesn't bite and is gentle with all the other shelter kids who run
loose here.  They all have infirmities that will keep them here at the
shelter the rest of their lives.  My day has become much brighter now, Niko
is here and many good folks from the FML have sent me best wishes and words
of encouragement to carry on...so I will with a glad heart.

Hugs to all,
Ferretguy