From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:20:34 -0500
Hello all.  I was wondering if anyone knew of other causes for low blood
glucose other than insulinoma.  Baby had her ultrasound today to check
for adrenal, after a negative tenn panel.  She had recently gone in for
blood work due to weight loss and lethargy.  The blood panel showed low
white blood cells and a very low BG of 51.  We double checked the blood
after getting the lab results then put her on one ml of pedia pred.  Her
BG went up to 74.  But during the ultrasound the doctor didn't see any
insulinoma's.  I realize ultrasounds can be tricky but I want to be sure
that I look into other possibilities incase something else is causing the
low BG reading.

Thanks
Risa