From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:05:21 -0500
Dooks to all and greetings from Iowa.

Don't know how widespread this issue will reach, but wood tick season is
upon us.  Yesterday while mushroom hunting in the woods I pulled no less
than a dozen off my clothing within 20 minutes.  So, if you take your
fuzzies outside -- as I like to do occasionally -- or if you are an
"outdoorsy" person yourself (and might bring the little buggers into your
home) be vigilant about checking for ticks and avoid sick ferts.

Andy: "Cornsarnit!  I found more ticks than mushrooms!"
Tripod Bob: "I was just outside, so you'd better double check me, Dad..."
Lily: "If you even try to take me outside, I'll give you such a biting..."

PS -- If you find a tick already embedded DO NOT PULL IT OUT (the head may
remain behind and lead to infection).  Douse the area with Vaseline and the
tick should disengage on its own in order to breathe. . .