From:
Geri Nanapush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:17:05 -0400
Hi You Guys...I really try to NOT be a part spreading of sad ferret
stories.  We all know of WAAAAY too many.  But I just heard that a woman
in Troy Missouri lost one of her ferrets in a most HORRIBLE way, and we
might all learn something from this.  I know I'm more diligent (is THAT
possible?) since hearing of this.

Apparently, she'd done a cool thing for her (then) three ferts...built
an outside, enclosed play-area for the "kidz" to romp in.  I think the
back door to her place opened into this area.  There were tubes,
hidey-hole-things, toys, litter boxes.  Unbeknownst to her, a copperhead
had curled up in one ofthe plush-type hidey-hole-things, and bit/killed
one of the ferrets, as the ferret did what it always did...run around
poking it's head in everything.  JUST LIKE THAT... and life is changed
forever!!  I don't know where y'all live (like, EVERYWHERE), but I'd lay
odds that EVERY ONE of you have SOME kind of dangerous critter that lives
in your general area.  If you don't KNOW what it is/they are, how about
doing some research to learn how to BEST protect your babeez from this
type of hazard.  I mean, I'm crawling around with a flashlight, making
sure no Brown Recluse or Black Widow spiders, or anythings else, are
inside ANYTHING/ANYWHERE.  And I'm doing this EVERYTIME the kidz playtime
is approaching.  Yep, this new, and more intensified procedure is a pain,
and sure takes a while to accomplish.  But, I will HAPPILY do it twice a
day, everyday, forever.  It's the absolute LEAST I can do for some furry
little people in MY life who literally keep me on this planet.  My chest
aches everytime I think of it.  Poor little baby.  I don't know how the
woman dealt with it.

Thanks for letting me share this, and I'm sorry in advance for the sorrow
this will cause everyone.

Dooks...Doris