Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:20:56 EDT
I've heard from books and breeders not to ever buy a ferret from a pet
store.  Well, of course the more irresistable ferret comes along at Petco
today.  I've read that these breeders that sell to petco get the kits
spayed and nuetered too early thus causing major health problems down the
road.  Is this true?

Also, this cute little kit, I was told was 4 weeks which I don't even see
how that's possible, bit the you know what out of me the second time I
went back.  The first time I went he was not as rough, second time they
woke him up and he was mad I think from being woken up plus he's a kit.
Well, he grabbed onto the skin between my thumb and finger and was
shaking my skin.  He also grabbed the side of my finger and shook it.
He drew blood.  Now I've done a lot of dog training.  Many years, but
ferrets are so different from reading Ferrets for Dummies and Everything
you Need To Know about ferrets.

Well, my question is, should I not go for this little baby?  Do all kits
bite that hard?  It comes from a company called Royal Canadian Ferrets.
Or Ferretry.  Has anyone hear anything about that company?  I did a
search online, but couldn't come up with anything.

I'd love your advise as I really want one.

Gina